Dr. Msadabwe-Chikuni is a clinical and radiation oncologist and manages the clinical, research, and training operations of the Cancer Diseases Hospital, in Lusaka, Zambia, the only chemotherapy and radiation therapy facility in Zambia. She works closely with the multidisciplinary teams providing cancer care in and outside the Cancer Diseases hospital. Dr. Msadabwe-Chikuni is passionate about assisting in the professional development of her colleagues. She also heads the Clinical Gynecologic Oncology Unit at the Cancer Diseases Hospital, and has amassed a vast amount of experience treating patients with invasive cervical cancer in a low-resource African setting, particularly working with HIV-infected women. Dr. Msadabwe-Chikuni is acutely focused on balancing her goal of providing optimal doses of radiation and chemotherapy to effect a cure in women with advanced stage disease, with the need to minimize severe toxic side effects.
● University of Zambia, 1999 (Medical Degree)
● Witwaterseand University, 2009 (Postgraduate)
● Colleges of Medicine of South Africa, 2007 (Fellowship)
1. The Effect of Cryotherapy on Human Papillomavirus Clearance Among HIV-Positive Women in Lusaka, Zambia. Katundu K, Bateman AC, Pfaendler KS, Mwanahamuntu MH, Kapambwe S, Vermund SH, Sahasrabuddhe VV, Msadabwe SC, Stringer JS, Parham GP, Chibwesha CJ. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2015 Jun 30
2. Observed and Expected Incidence of Cervical Cancer in Lusaka and the Southern and Western Provinces of Zambia, 2007 to 2012. Kalima, Mulele BSc; Lishimpi, Kennedy; Meza, Jane L; Watanabe-Galloway, Shinobu; Msadabwe, Susan C; Mwaba, Catherine K; Shibemba, Aaron L.; Banda, Lewis; Wood, Charles; Chamberlain, Robert M; Soliman, Amr S. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2015 Jan;25(1):98-105